Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Miracle

I've wavered lately on miracles and my belief on whether or not they exist. And I came across this post by Angie Smith (Bring the Rain). I was instantly touched by her words: "It sounds absolutely absurd to say that I am at peace with her death . . . But I am. And I actually think that that is the miracle."

It hit me like a ton of bricks. My miracle wasn't Dylan being healed and whole on this side of heaven. God had/has something else in store for me. My miracle was the strength that it has taken to survive, accept, and come closer to Him, even despite my circumstances. I am closer to God than I was before Dylan's death. And even since, I have found a peace and understanding with Dylan's death that I couldn't quite grasp before. And though I will never possess the capacity to understand why things happened the way they did for us or what God's will is, I was given the strength and courage to accept that this is God's will, not mine, at work. Being at peace with Dylan's death and being at peace with God's will, those are our miracles and we are blessed to be where we are on our spiritual journeys.

Remember: "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

And if you're the praying kind, please keep:

Prayers for Stellan

(Click on the picture above to read more about Stellan.)

2 comments:

DG said...

I loved that post by Angie, I love all of her posts, they are so encouraging as was reading yours. I can't even begin to truly understand what you went through in losing your child but I can see the miracle aspect of it. Dylan wasn't able to spend his life with you but he left such an amazing impact on your life, not only because he is your child but because what he taught you about life and although I never met Dylan he has had an amazing impact on my life and how I view it. I am very thankful for your miracle!!!

Mommy (You can call me OM) said...

Kat,
It brings me some peace just reading your peaceful words. It's so hard to relinquish control on a daily basis and just know that God has it all in His hands.
Peace.