Friday, February 12, 2010

The Perfect Card

The Valentine's Day card that I bought for Justin says:

My Husband
My Forever Love

I wouldn't change a thing-
not one second...
not one syllable...
not one smile or sorrow
of all we've shared
over the years.

The things I love about you
are the same as always-
your eyes still light my world,
your smile still fills my heart,
your arms still make me feel
secure and loved.

You are the love of my life,
and nothing will ever change that.

Happy Valentine's Day

********

This card could've easily gotten lost in the shuffle of reds and pinks, hearts and roses. But when I finally picked it up to read it, there was no hesitation in knowing this was the one that spoke to me most. At the end of the day, I wouldn't change the sorrow that we've had to face together. Ultimately, that has made us a stronger couple, better parents, and more faithful individuals. Because of this unspoken thing that we share, loving Dylan and facing his death together, Justin is a part of my life and my heart that no other man could ever be. (And wow, just like that, I figured out what to write on the inside of his card!) Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I can never read Dylan's blog and not cry. The strength you and Justin have continue to amaze me. I love you both. Happy Valentine's Day mes cheries.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!! Dylan is so blessed to have such amazing parents who will continue to share his memory forever. Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

Ashley D said...

I just read your story and GOD BLESS your heart, your son was and still is so beautiful & precious. I know it's so hard to be in our spot and coming across others moms is 'comforting'
If were all out there, I would love to meet and support them rather than be alone.
Does that make sense,

((Hugs))
Ashley

Holly said...

I really like what the card says!