Saturday, June 6, 2009

Looming Over Me

In these days leading up to June 11th (Dylan's birthday), I am admittedly anxious and sad. Is it strange that we've come full-circle already by welcoming Dylan's baby sister into the world just 2 weeks ago? It's strange to me. We've been blessed with this beautiful bundle of joy in our lives, but a bit of it is overshadowed by this looming anniversary (not one that we'd particularly like to be celebrating but one that we obviously can't overlook as well). I pray that the strength that we've exhibited over the course of the past year will carry us over these difficult days ahead.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Gosh, are we living parallel lives or what? I am due with the baby I'm carrying now just 2 weeks before Vivian and Annemarie's birthday. It's realy bittersweet and complex, and all I can say is that I understand the emotions you're describing! It's so hard...

Thinking of you on Dylan's birthday tomorrow, June 11th...and holding you close to my heart. I'll be praying for strength for you tomorrow as you experience such a bittersweet anniversary. I know how much you miss Dylan and wish he were here and that he could grow up alongside his sister, Faith. (((hugs)))

Lots of love,
Erika

littletinyfootprints.blogspot.com

Melissa Terry said...

Thinking of you on Dylan's birthday. I look back at those sweet pictures and wish we could see him toddling around today. I know that this is a happy/sad day. I just want you to know that we won't forget that sweet little boy. Thinking of you.....
Melissa and Troy